Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Baby Showers


Oh my goodness the things that have happened!

Let’s start with a little information about my baby showers. I had two wonderful showers in November and felt very spoiled. I am sure baby felt that way too!

1st was a shower thrown by Keysha & Alivia Aerni in Papillion with both Aerni & Urban women in attendance. It was so much fun! We had margarita flavored punch (non-alcoholic so I could try), delicious dessert and fun gossip. I had a great helper with opening all my gifts – let me tell you that Alivia is a gift opening champion. I could hardly keep up! We also played the classic “melted candy bar in diaper game” and I did okay, but I am sure by this time next year I will be able to recognize lots of kinds of number 2’s. Yick! I got lots of great advice from everyone who attended and it was a pleasure to visit with all. I did miss some family who couldn’t join us but I hope to see them around the holidays or when baby arrives and catch up!

2nd was a shower thrown by Donna, Jennifer & Jessica Helt with Helt & Boyle women in attendance plus a few others who I was truly THRILLED to see & visit with. I can’t describe to you how much fun it was. The ladies decorated an entire hall in my honor, including candies, matching tableware and diaper/blanket cakes! Then they surprised me with TWO flavors of cake provided by my very favorite baker in Lincoln – EnJoy. You must have eaten her cakes to know how yummy they taste. The other big surprise was CHICK-FIL-A!!! They had nuggets at the party and I might have eaten about 3 meals worth. SO GOOD! We played some really funny games too – ask Jennifer about her answers to the questions! Baby & I were again spoiled at this shower with gifts & truly wonderful advice from the other ladies. I feel so very loved and appreciate all that happened.

Here are two photos, one from each shower.
First I am at Keysha’s posing with some gifts.
Second I am with Jessica cutting one of the EnJoy cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment